Our Philosophy - Highlights Magazine
This magazine of wholesome fun is dedicated to helping children grow in basic skills and knowledge, in creativeness, in ability to think and reason, in sensitivity to others, in high ideals and worthy ways of living – for children are the world’s most important people®.
Our Motto: Fun with a Purpose®
First appeared in the inaugural June 1946 issue and remains the magazine’s guiding principle.
Our Company's Mission
Because children are the world’s most important people, we exist to serve children, their families, and others involved in their development, helping them become their best selves—creative, curious, caring, and confident.
- We will be excellent Offering children and families superior products and services, and adhering to the highest standards in business methods and practices, and fostering an environment that strengthens our employees’ desire to give their best efforts every day.
- We will be creative Fostering a culture in which all employees are encouraged to contribute new ideas and ways of thinking.
- We will be innovative Converting viable new ideas to products, services, and business practices that transcend the ordinary.
- We will be wholesome Offering only products and services that nourish children’s minds and hearts.
- We will be respectful Acknowledging the worth of each individual and conducting ourselves with consideration and sensitivity to one another’s needs.
- We will be ethical Approaching everything we do honestly and fairly, earning trust and respect.
- We will be independent Choosing business partners with care and placing ourselves only in environments that allow us to preserve integrity and achieve our mission without compromise.
- We will be responsible Committing to prudent use of the company’s resources, making rigorous decisions, investing wisely, and being good stewards of the earth, all while recognizing that profitability allows continued pursuit of our mission.