Group Subscriptions for Schools and Organizations
Stories, poems, puzzles and more, delivered every month
Designed for children ready to read on their own, Highlights is an excellent choice for independent readers. The differentiated content ensures that every student will find something that he or she can read and wants to read. The engaging, short stories and nonfiction articles in Highlights magazine will support your literacy, science, and social studies goals.
- Subscription Rates
You Loved It Then, Today’s Kids Love It Now!
The world was a different place in 1946, when Highlights magazine was first published. As times changed, so did kids, and so did we. Don’t worry, though — we’re still the same trusted children’s magazine in the most important ways. The experts at Highlights still know how to keep kids motivated with fun while they are learning and practicing the essential skills they will need in school.
The Highlights motto is Fun with a Purpose. In every 44-page issue, kids explore new topics, investigate fascinating subjects and find out about the world. A Highlights magazine subscription for kids will bring them 12 months filled with stories, games, puzzles, riddles, science experiments, craft projects and activities that are as entertaining as they are educational.
Plus, Highlights never includes third-party advertising, so you can rely on it to be a commercial-free zone where your young reader can play, learn and just be a kid.
Highlights Kids Are Cool!
One of the founding principles of Highlights is that we believe in helping kids become their best selves: Curious, Creative, Caring and Confident. That’s why we keep up with the interests of kids today, while upholding time-honored values like respect, manners, fair play, kindness, honesty and more.
Goofus and Gallant are still prompting kids to think about right and wrong behaviors, and pages like "About You," "Create," "Laughs from You," and "Dear Highlights" motivate kids to share their art, jokes and thoughts for possible publication in the magazine. We love to see what Highlights kids can do!
For more than 70 years, Highlights children’s magazine has been bringing Fun with a Purpose to kids everywhere.
What does it do?
- Hidden Pictures scenes develop persistence, attention to detail and concentration
- Matching games and other puzzles boost problem-solving skills
- Crafts and science experiments give kids self-confidence
- BrainPlay and other features let kids know their opinion is valued
- Stories from other lands and cultures expand children’s empathy
- Entertaining stories about kids like them
- Jokes and riddles to keep them giggling
- Fascinating science and nature topics
- A chance to see their own creative works in print
- Favorite features like Ask Arizona and The Timbertoes
- Seasonal crafts and activities
- Sharing the beloved Highlights tradition
- Award-winning, trusted content
- Watching their kids become curious, creative, caring and confident
- Ad-free means pure fun with no distractions
- Gets kids to enjoy thinking and learning
- Promotes positive values and creativity
Highlights is available in a monthly subscription format. The following pricing per student applies to a 9-Month Subscription Term*
$16.95 per sub.
$16.25 per sub.
$15.45 per sub.
*This is an approximate average cost based on a 9-month subscription term, prices will vary slightly depending on actual subscription term length.