Classroom Rewards Program
- Top 10 Tips for More Slips
- Sample Email
Kids Love the Magazine That’s All Their Own!
Preschoolers and kindergartners love High Five™ magazine, because it’s designed and written just for their age group. High Five is an exciting, colorful, fun-filled magazine developed by the early childhood experts at Highlights to encourage and inspire tender hearts and curious young minds.
Why Is the Sky Blue?
Kids are inquisitive and thirsty for knowledge at this age. High Five magazines encourage curiosity and satisfy the need for understanding the world. They're also a great way for kids and parents to bond over reading.
That’s why High Five has stories, puzzles and activities that are expertly designed to nurture your preschooler or kindergartner’s development. Every 36-page issue reinforces skills that prepare them for reading, math and other areas of learning — but the kids only know that it’s fun!
Getting Mail Is Exciting
For more than 70 years, children have been eagerly checking the mailbox, hoping to find a Highlights magazine with their name on it. Now, even 2- to 6-year-olds can experience that delight for themselves.
They’ll have so much fun with each monthly issue, which is packed with read-aloud stories and poems, simple crafts and recipes, learning games, puzzles for beginners and other activities. They’re the perfect magazines for kindergartners and preschoolers!
High Five™ children’s magazine subscription is filled with features that help build important skills while playing. We call it Fun with a Purpose™.
What Does It Do?
- Hidden Pictures® scenes develop visual acuity and vocabulary
- Matching games and other puzzles boost thinking power
- Easy recipes and crafts give kids self-confidence
- Engaging activities encourage hands-on fun
- Action rhymes get kids to exercise
- Stories from other lands and cultures expand children’s empathy
- Charming illustrations
- Age-appropriate jokes and riddles
- Easy puzzles that give them a feeling of success
- Entertaining stories that they can relate to
- Cute crafts and activities
- Sets kids on the path to becoming lifelong learners
- Introduces basic concepts of science, nature and art through simple nonfiction articles
- Teaches word recognition
- Introduces math concepts
- Promotes values and creativity
Also available digitally on tablet using the new, free High Five Magazine app! See FAQs
Here are some helpful hints from other Highlights teachers for getting the most student responses. If you have more tips to share, please email us at CustomerService@HighlightsTeachers.com.
- Explain the value of the Classroom Rewards Program – both for students and for your classroom.
- Make it fun! Get the kids involved in filling out the take-home slips.
- Ask for a return response either way — Yes or No.
- Personalize each take-home slip.
- Draw some attention to the slip.
- Set a due date.
- Email a slip to parents.
- Send parent reminders
- More is more! Send more than one offer home.
- Share a sneak peek of the Fun with a Purpose™ kids will find with Highlights products!
Copy and paste this text into an email and send it off to parents for an easy reminder!
Recently, I sent home an order form for High Five magazine from Highlights for Children — a special offer that’s available only through schools. Highlights products are fun, and they help children sharpen reading, thinking and learning skills at home. Whether or not you decide to participate, please be sure to sign the slip and return it to school immediately so that we can place our order and earn valuable classroom materials from Highlights.