Ultimate Baby Shower Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Void where prohibited by law.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with the contents.
1. Sweepstakes Timing: The Highlights™ Ultimate Baby Shower Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 11 a.m. ET on Monday, April 3, 2017, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 30, 2017 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States & District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Highlights Consumer Services, Inc. (the "Sponsor") and the following "Providers" Better Life, Bloomingdale’s (Macy’s, Inc.), Carter’s, Inc., Earth’s Best® (The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.), Evenflo (Goodbaby International Holdings Limited), Kandoo (Nehemiah Manufacturing Co.), Kushies Baby, Sassy, Inc., iPlay, Inc., Canvas on Demand, as well as their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and their immediate family members (spouses and biological, adoptive, and step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win.
3. How to Enter to win the Sweepstakes Grand Prize: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you may access the Sweepstakes entry form by visiting the Sweepstakes on the Highlights for Children Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HighlightsforChildren, or the Sweepstakes page of the Highlights website at www.Highlights.com/BabySweeps. In order to complete the entry form, you must provide your name and your email address. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used in the event you are selected as a Sweepstakes winner and for Sponsor or one or more of the Providers to send you additional information from the Sponsor or such Provider. Entries must be received before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 30, 2017, to be eligible for the prize drawing. The timing of receipt of an entry will be determined solely by Sponsor. Limit one (1) entry per person and one (1) entry per email address. In order for an entry to be valid, the registration form must be completed in full. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
How to Enter the Flash Giveaways: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Flash Giveaways. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. Randomly occurring during the Sweepstakes Period, there will be six (6) “Flash Giveaways.” You may access the Flash Giveaways by visiting the Highlights for Children Facebook page at www.facebook.com/HighlightsforChildren. In order to complete the entry, you must both “like” and comment on the Flash Giveaway Facebook post within that day’s 11 a.m. ET to 11:59 p.m. ET timeframe. Your public Facebook account information you provide will otherwise only be used to contact you in the event you are selected as a Giveaway winner. Entries must be received before 11:59 p.m. ET on the day that the Flash Giveaway was posted to be eligible for the daily prize drawing. The timing of receipt of an entry will be determined solely by Sponsor. In order for an entry to be valid, the Facebook “like” and comment must be completed in full. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Giveaway is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. Limitations / Conditions on Entry: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes for the Grand Prize or for the Flash Giveaways. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. Participation in one or more of the Flash Giveaways will not improve or lessen your chances of winning the Sweepstakes Grand Prize. For each individual Flash Giveaway, limit one (1) entry per person and one (1) entry per Facebook account. Once the Facebook “like” and comment have been posted, they cannot be edited or changed.
Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Flash Giveaway entry comment from any source. Each entrant certifies that the entry comment submitted is unique and was created by the entrant and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity.
Acceptable entry material is in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, but should generally not contain, include or involve or refer to any of the following:
- Obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory content, data, or images
- Crude, vulgar, or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language gang signs and/or symbols
- Explicit, graphic, or sexual activity, nudity
- Gratuitous violence, guns, or other imagery or gestures of weapons
- Commercial products and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
- License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email) or other personally-identifying information
- Illegal drug or alcohol use or abuse
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliation of other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others
- Illegal (discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (i.e, inflicting emotional distress)
- Any other content, display, materials and/or images that are or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion
Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a comment qualifies as an entry. Any entry not in compliance with the above and or which does not otherwise meet the Official Rules and requirements will be disqualified.
5. Random Drawings: The random drawings for both the selection of the Sweepstakes Grand Prize and the selections of the Flash Giveaways will take place before Friday, May 12, 2017. Odds of winning either the Sweepstakes Grand Prize or one of more Flash Giveaways are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for such events. In the case of the Sweepstakes Grand Prize, the odds of winning chance would be one (1) out of all the eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners of the Sweepstakes Grand Prize will be notified by email. In the case of the Flash Giveaways, the odds of winning chance would be one (1) out of all the eligible entries received since the most previous winner pool was selected. Potential winners of the Flash Giveaways will be notified via Facebook. If Sponsor cannot reach a potential prize winner within 48 hours, Sponsor reserves the right to select a different entrant as the winner of a given prize.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV")
Sweepstakes Grand Prize (1): A subscription to any Highlights magazine for the next 12 years from Sponsor (ARV $479.52), 12 shipments from the Highlights Let’s Grow™ club from Sponsor (ARV $299.40), a library of books for baby from Boyds Mills Press and Highlights Press provided by Sponsor (ARV $122), an e-gift card from Better Life (ARV $200), a gift card from Bloomingdale’s (ARV $200), a gift card from Carter’s, Inc. (ARV $200), a prize package of infant foods (ARV $200) and a prize package of diapers (ARV $200) from Earth’s Best®, a nursery prize package from Evenflo (ARV $1,015), a prize package of baby wipes from Kandoo (ARV $200), an e-gift card from Kushies Baby (ARV $200), a prize package of developmental toys and feeding items from Sassy, Inc. (ARV $200), a prize package of natural baby products from iPlay, Inc. (ARV $200), and an e-gift card from Canvas on Demand (ARV $200). Total ARV for Grand Prize: $3,715.92.
Sweepstakes Flash Giveaways (6): For each of the six (6) random Flash Giveaways during the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) winner will be randomly selected. Each winner will receive one (1) 1-year subscription to Highlights Hello™ magazine, at an ARV of $39.96. Total ARV for all prizes: $3,955.68.
7. General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies and partners are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the entry process or the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the entry form or Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the entry. Proof of entering information via the entry form does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) is not responsible for the failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or entry form; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or entry process may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or entry process, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the applicable winners in random drawings from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor intends to distribute all prizes as long as legally permitted, but reserves the right to substitute prizes of similar value.
8. Assignment / Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, Providers, Facebook, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. Prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, by Sponsor. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER.
9. Intellectual Property Warranty and Indemnification: By commenting, each entrant warrants to Sponsor that the entrant is the owner of copyright in the comment, and upon submission of the comment does, grant to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to publicly or privately display, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use and exploit the comment and its content in any and all mediums. ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AGAINST ANY CLAIM OF INFRINGEMENT OR VIOLATION OF A RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY relating to entrant’s comment submission or Sponsor’s use of the submitted comment.
10. Governing Law / Jurisdiction: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the State of Ohio in the United States of America, without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. By entering into the Sweepstakes, you agree that any litigation arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes will be brought in the federal and state courts located in the appropriate court in Franklin County, Ohio, and the parties hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue therein. Any provision of the Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect.
11. Winners: The names of the winners will be notified on Facebook (www.facebook.com/HighlightsforChildren) within a reasonable amount of time of the close of the Sweepstakes.
12. Sponsor / Administrator: The sponsor and administrator ("Sponsor") of the Sweepstakes is Highlights Consumer Services, Inc., 1800 Watermark Drive, Columbus, OH 43215. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In addition, the various trademarks shown relate to specific products in the prize listings and are owned by their respective owners, and their use in connection with the Sweepstakes is to describe the products and does not in any way show sponsorship, endorsement or administration by those entities.