Kids can astonish friends and family when they’re given the time and tools to tap into the creative process.
Take a few minutes to toss around the following “Would you rather…” questions—after school, over a snack, or during quiet time at night. It’s a great way to learn what your child is thinking—and if unleashed, how far that creativity goes!
- Would you rather get straight A’s in all your academic subjects and have zero artistic ability or get average grades in your academic subjects but have awesome skills in music or art?
- Would you rather stand out at school in one-of-a-kind clothing or fit in with friends and dress like everyone else?
- Would you rather give a short speech in a debate and quote an important American politician or recite a soliloquy from Shakespeare, using an English accent and standing alone on stage?
- Would you rather write a movie script using ideas from your own imagination or direct a movie for which someone else wrote the script?
- Would you rather win a contest for the craziest, most creative haircut among your friends or win for the craziest, most creative hat?