Books can be a never-ending source of joy for kids and parents. They can inspire little ones to imagine the unimaginable, experience worlds they’ve never been to, and relive magic on every page.
Encourage your child to celebrate reading all month long in honor of National Library Week, Children’s Book Day, National Librarian Day, Tell a Story Day, or any other ordinary reading-filled day. Then toss out the following “Would you rather…” questions to learn what your child loves most about reading, what stories she dreams about, and what scenes make her smile—in short, what her favorite books mean to her.
1. Would you rather travel back in time with a historical fiction book or venture to a magical land far, far away in a fantasy tale?
2. Would you rather meet your favorite book character in real life or write a story about your real-life best friend?
3. Would you rather read five new books or read your favorite book five times?
4. Would you rather read a book that keeps you in suspense or a book that makes you laugh?
5. Would you rather live a day as your favorite book character or create a new ending for your favorite book?