Here’s a fun way to find out what your kids really think about summer vacation: Just ask them, coyly, using a few cleverly worded “Would You Rather …” questions. Then let them sound off on what does—and doesn’t—work for them.
The awesome thing about “Would You Rather…” questions is that there are no right or wrong answers. Just borrow the prompts here, or come up with a few of your own Q’s, and put them out there on your next drive to the mall, library, or activity. Give your kids a chance to decide between two incredible choices, one great alternative and a not-so-thrilling one, or two “You’ve got to be kidding me!” options—just for a giggle. We promise: you will get some great insight into what your kids are really thinking.
Try these for starters:
- Would you rather chill for two weeks at a lake cottage or mountain cabin, or tour a huge national park, hike, and camp with family?
- Would you rather go to the beach where you can Boogie Board and play in the ocean or stay home, swim in the town pool, and hang out with your friends?
- Would you rather go down a giant water slide or a roller coaster with the steepest dive?
- Would you rather take a computer coding class at a local school or day camp this summer, or spend time playing baseball, tennis, or soccer outdoors?
- Would you rather learn a new skill or continue to improve a skill you have?