Every new mom realizes it takes time to get to know her baby. We asked Jamie Scios Alleyne, 34, of Andover, NJ, about life at home with her then 2-year-old son, Marcus. This is what she said:
1. Introvert or extrovert?
2. Friendly or cautious?
3. Fearful or fearless?
4. Favorite toy?
Thomas the Tank Engine.
5. Favorite song?
“Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars.
6. Favorite book?
Giraffes Can’t Dance.
7. Organized sports or free play?
8. Pet or no pet?
9. Chores, no chores, or not sure yet?
Chores. He’s already starting to clean up his own toys.
10. Sleepovers or sleep at home?
11. Vegan, vegetarian, or anything goes?
12. Walk, bus, or drive to activities?
Drive to gym class.
13. Public, private, or homeschool?
14. TV or no TV?
15. Family bed or own bed?
16. Grandma, sitter, or we don’t go out?
17. Favorite activity?
18. Elmo, Kermit, Elsa, or someone else?
19. E-books, library books, or books to own?
Books to own.
20. Own room or shared room?
21. Fast food: yes, never, or once in a while?
Once in a while.