We all want our kids to learn manners so they begin to behave in ways that are socially acceptable. Goofus and Gallant can help! Check out this month’s feature, on page 10 of the December 2018 issue, or read the recaps below, along with our accompanying conversation starters.
Recap 1: Goofus holds up the line as he deliberates which snack to buy at the movie theater. Gallant allows the person behind him in line to go ahead while he decides.
- Do you think it was fair for Goofus to hold up the movie snack line while he was deciding what to purchase?
- How else could Goofus have acted that day?
- How do you think the other kids felt as they had to wait?
- Do you think Gallant handled the situation better? Why or why not?
Recap 2: Goofus runs to the car and leaves without saying good-bye. Gallant makes a point to thank his host and say good-bye before leaving.
- Why do you think Goofus left without saying good-bye?
- How do you think the people felt when Goofus left without saying good-bye or thank you?
- Have you ever left an event without saying good-bye? Why?
- How would you feel if a friend left your house without saying good-bye?
- Do you think it’s important to say thank you to the host before leaving a party or social gathering? Why or why not?
- How can you make up for running out before saying good-bye? What actions could you take?