Recap 1: Who did what:
Goofus slipped up and used a few choice words he heard other kids say to express themselves.
Gallant showed restraint and held his tongue—even when he was irritated.
- Have you ever accidentally used a word or a phrase to express yourself and then regretted it later?
- What happened to make you realize you could have expressed your feelings in a better way?
- Do you think you are more likely to slip up when you are doing well and feeling successful, or when you’re struggling?
- Do you ever feel you need to say the types of things your friends say or do what they do? Is it hard not to go along with the crowd?
Recap 2: Who did what:
Goofus ignored a “Do not touch” sign and tried to play with a service pet.
Gallant asked permission to pet an on-duty service dog to make sure it wouldn’t distract him.
- Have you ever seen a service dog in action? How did you know he was working? Whom was he helping and what did he do?
- What types of tasks do you think a service animal might be able to do?
- Why do you think experts say it is important not to interfere with a service animal that is assisting a person? What could happen if you interfere?
- Why do people generally say it is not a good idea to touch someone’s household pet without permission?