Recap: Goofus leaves scissors where a classmate is unable to find them. Gallant puts tools away where he found them, in the garage.
1. Did you ever put something away and then forget where you put it? What was it? Where (and how) did you find it?
2. What can you do to be absolutely certain you can always locate your belongings?
3. The girl in the picture looks worried. What is the problem? How can she solve it?
4. What does it mean to “share” with others? What items do you use that you also share with your family?
5. Name something you recently borrowed. Did you return it to its owner? Did you put it back where it belongs?
Recap: The fish in the tank have more than enough food, but Goofus chooses to overfeed them anyway. Gallant knows exactly how much food to give Peanut, his cat.
1. What does it mean to “take care” of a pet? Can you name one or two things pet lovers must do to care for a dog or cat?
2. Describe a time when you’ve had to take care of a pet—at home, at school, or at a friend’s. What kind of pet was it? What did you do to look after it?
3. How do you think Gallant might have been able to determine the correct amount of food to give his cat? Is there a clue in the picture? Where else could you find that information?
4. Would you want someone like Goofus to take care of a pet for you? Why or why not?
5. Can you name a time you had to follow instructions exactly? What would have happened if you hadn’t?