Want to bring out your kid’s sharpest thinking? Give him a shot at BrainPlay—11 unexpected prompts that will inspire critical reasoning (and perhaps challenge everything your child has assumed about himself and the world up until now).
Here’s what to do:
- Have your kid find this month’s BrainPlay. He can locate it on page 39 of the October 2018 issue or you can download it here.
- Then let him choose a location to do his most creative thinking. Really, any spot’s acceptable.
- Slip out of the room to let your child answer the questions in solitude, or stick around if he’d like to share his logical reasoning and creative thoughts with you.
- Provide enough time to allow deep thinking.
When he’s ready, you can try these prompts:
- What games can you play with no equipment?
- Name some reasons for parades.
- What kind of questions would you ask to get to know someone better?
- Who do you think has it easier, younger kids or older kids? Why?