Put the emphasis on giving this holiday season. Serve up some of these child-friendly community-service options and inspire meaningful chatter over turkey and stuffing. Then use Black Friday as a day to start giving back.
- Would you rather volunteer at an organization that helps the homeless or find forever homes for dogs and cats?
- Would you rather spread holiday cheer singing to elderly residents at an assisted-living facility or handing out platters of food to folks in need?
- Would you rather take part in a school-sponsored coat drive or research and start a drive of your own?
- Would you rather shovel a driveway, run someone’s errands, or help tidy up a house?
- Would you rather perform acts of kindness for people you know or for totally random strangers you will never see again?