What You'll Need
- Cookie cutters
- A straw
- Pretty ribbon, yarn, or string for hanging
What to Do
- Mix together cinnamon and applesauce—about ¼ cup of cinnamon to 4 tablespoons of applesauce, increasing the ratio for more dough. If the dough is too sticky to handle, add more cinnamon. If it’s too dry, add more applesauce.
- Flatten the dough with your hands, a rolling pin, or the side of a can, until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Using cookie cutters, cut the dough into shapes. (Dip cookie cutters into cinnamon if the dough sticks.) Using a straw, make a hole in the top of each ornament.
- Let ornaments dry on a cooling rack or a plate. In about a week, your ornaments will be dry and ready to hang with a pretty ribbon, yarn, or string.