What You’ll Need
- Styrofoam or cardboard ring
- Leftover gift wrap
- Safety scissors
- Leftover bows or curling ribbons
What to Do
1. Cut wrapping paper into strips. Wrap the strips around a Styrofoam or cardboard ring and tape them in place.
2. Decorate the wreath with bows or ribbons.
3. Hang your wreath on a door or in a window.
Extend the Fun
For younger kids: Turn fun-size candy bars into little presents by tying each one with a crisscross of ribbon. Tie the candy “presents” to the gift-wrap wreath with another long piece of curling ribbon. Curl the ends of the ribbons with safety scissors. Enjoy a piece of candy every night, using the scissors to cut the candy off the wreath.
For older kids: Make wreaths in multiples and distribute them to a nursing home, public library, or the homes of the elderly in your neighborhood so more people can enjoy the cheer.