What You’ll Need
- Sugar cookie dough (This one only takes 5 ingredients)
- Cookie sheet
- Rolling pin
- 6” Christmas tree cookie cutter
- 3” cookie sticks, one per cookie
- Decorative icing in your favorite colors
- Small peanut-butter filled chocolate cup
What You'll Do
- Roll out the cookie dough so it’s ½ inch thick.
- Cut out Christmas tree shapes with the cookie cutter and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Insert the cookie stick into the bottom of the cookie, leaving one inch sticking out.
- Bake the cookies according to the recipe.
- Decorate the cookies.
- Push a small peanut-butter filled chocolate cup on the end of the cookie stick to give your tree a base.
- Set your cookie place settings at the table!
Extend the Fun
Younger kids: Younger kids might find some of the process a little tricky, like putting the stick in the cookie so it goes in evenly. Give your child a few opportunities to practice, either with balls of dough or a practice tree. Any mistakes can always be rolled and cut out again.
Older kids: Support your budding engineer by encouraging her to experiment with the cookies, cookie sticks, and giant gumdrops. Challenge her to make an edible structure using these materials. Change up the cookie shape to help her explore other possibilities.