What you need:
- Old file folder
- Paint-sample strips
- Glue stick
- Construction paper
1. Use a pencil to help your child draw a painter’s palette on the file folder. Then cut out the palette.
2. Cut out squares from the paint-sample strips.
3. Glue the color squares to the palette.
4. Go on a nature walk with the palette. Look for things in nature that match the colors on your palette.
5. After your nature walk, cut the remaining paint-sample strips into shapes.
6. Glue the shapes to the construction paper to make a nature collage.
By Barbara Gowan