What You’ll Need
- piece of thin cardboard
- cardstock in various colors
- hole punch
- yarn or string
- small notepad
What to Do
- Cover thin cardboard with green cardstock.
- Draw a cardstock canoe, river, and leaves. Cut out, and glue onto the board.
- Glue on twigs for tree trunks. Add a twig at the top.
- Punch two holes, and add a yarn hanger.
- Tie a pencil to the top twig. Glue on a notepad.
Extend the Fun
For younger kids: Before you glue the notepad to the cardboard, decorate a corner of each page using crayons or rubber stamps. Write your name on the bottom of the message board so everyone knows you’re the artist.
For older kids: Increase your output! Make individual message boards for each person in the family, decorated with a theme unique to them: your sister’s passion for soccer, your mom’s for pottery, and so on. To make desktop notepads, skip the yarn hanger.