• 1 large and 1 small bowl
• 1 cup + 1 tablespoon warm water
• 1 packet dry yeast
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• ¼ cup honey
• 1 ½ teaspoons salt
• 3 eggs + 1 egg yolk
• 4 cups flour, plus more for kneading
• Clean, damp cloth
• Cookie sheet
• Butter or cooking spray
1. Pour 1 cup of warm water and 1 packet of dry yeast into a large bowl. Stir until the yeast dissolves.
2. Stir ¼ cup of vegetable oil, ¼ cup of honey, and 1½ teaspoons of salt into the large bowl.
3. Beat 3 eggs in a small bowl. Pour them into the large bowl and stir.
4. Stir 4 cups of flour into the mixture, ½ cup at a time.
5. Knead the sticky dough on a flour-covered surface for 5 minutes. Add small amounts of flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
6. Place the dough back into the bowl and cover it with a damp cloth. Let it sit for 2 hours to rise.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
8. Push down the dough in the bowl.
9. Divide the dough into thirds. Roll each third on a flour-covered surface to form a long rope. Braid the ropes together.
10. Grease a cookie sheet with butter or cooking spray. Place the braided dough on the sheet. Tuck the ends underneath.
11. Beat 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the braided dough.
12. Bake the braided dough for 25–35 minutes, and remove it when the top is golden brown.