What You’ll Need
- Laundry basket or large box
- 10 household items (such as baseball caps, neckties, flashlights, binoculars, plastic dishes, stuffed animals, sunglasses)
- Index cards
- Poster board
What You'll Do
- Fill the basket with the 10 different household items.
- Write some skit titles on index cards. Here are a few ideas to get you started: “The Big Race,” “Campout on the Moon,” and “Escape from the Zoo.” Place the cards facedown on a table.
- Ask the kids to select a title card. Then give them the poster board and markers (to create a backdrop for the skit), along with the filled laundry basket.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes. In that time, the kids must make up a play using the skit title and any of the items from the basket. After the timer goes off, the children perform their play for you and other friends or family members.
- Make up as many skits as you’d like. Encourage your kids to create new title cards, mix up the objects in the basket, and “play” again and again!