What You’ll Need
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons oil
- Liquid food coloring
What to Do
- Combine the flour, salt, and cream of tartar in a saucepan.
- Combine the water, oil and 4 drops of food coloring and pour into the saucepan.
- This step is for adults: Cook the mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly until it looks like mashed potatoes. Immediately remove from heat and transfer the dough to a wooden board or plate to cool.
- When the dough is cool, kids can knead it until it’s smooth.