What You’ll Need
- Dry, uncooked beans such as lentil, lima, or mung
- Glass of water
- Paper towel
- Resealable plastic bag
What You'll Do
- Soak some beans in a glass of water for 3 hours.
- Put the beans on a wet paper towel. Fold the paper towel over the beans.
- Place the beans in the plastic bag and seal. Put the bag in a warm, dark place.
- After 2 to 3 days, roots will appear. If you split open one of the beans, you’ll see the stem and leaves beginning to grow inside.
- To grow bean plants, put the seeds in some potting soil with the roots pointing down. Put the pot in a sunny place, and water regularly.