How to Play
1. Fold a piece of paper to make a card. Decorate the front to look like a treasure map and write “A treasure hunt begins for you! Look inside for your first clue. . . .”
2. Think up clues that will lead the person around the area and finally to the gift. Try adding riddles or rhymes, such as “Your new clue is by my blue shoe.”
3. Write the first clue inside the card, and write the rest on separate slips of paper.
4. Put the second clue where the first leads. If the first says “We sit on it and slouch: Clue 2 is in the ___,” have the second clue sticking up between couch cushions.
5. Continue hiding each clue where the one before it leads. Make sure the finder will be able to reach them—and that they’re in places you’re both allowed to go!
6. Hide the gift where the last clue leads. Give the person the card, and let the hunt begin!
More Ways to Play
- Instead of words, use picture clues.
- Make clues about the person, like “I love reading with you! Look in our favorite book.”
- Don’t wait for a gift-giving event! You can hide a nice note anytime.