What You'll Need
- paper towel tubes
- colored paper
- paper plates
What to Do
1. For each handle, tape the ends of two paper-towel tubes together. Cover the tubes with colored paper.
2. Decorate two paper plates with paper.
3. Place the handle between the plates. Staple the top end of the handle to one plate, then staple the plates together.
4. Make a racket for each player.
How to Play
1. Blow up a balloon.
2. Put a strip of masking tape on the floor to create separate sides.
3. Use the rackets to hit the balloon back and forth over the line. A player gets a point if his or her shot hits the floor on the opposite side.
4. The first player to get 10 points wins.
From Highlights magazine