What You’ll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 6 lemons, cut in half (or 1 cup of lemon juice)
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- Large pitcher
What to Do
- Mix the sugar and 1 cup of the water in a pot. Heat the mixture until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Squeeze the lemons until you get 1 cup of lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon juice, the remaining 3 cups of water, and cranberry juice into a large pitcher.
- Add the sugar mixture and stir. Then put the lemonade in the fridge until chilled.
Extend the Fun
Younger kids: What makes the lemonade pink? Are there other juices that would make the lemonade pink? What other berries or juices would you add to the lemonade?
Older kids: All the ingredients are measured by cups. Can you count how many cups of ingredients this recipe calls for? If you drink all the lemonade and want to make twice as much next time, how many cups of sugar will you need? How many lemons will you need? What would you need if you wanted to triple the recipe?
Oldest kids: This recipe is a great place to start if you want to have a lemonade stand! Decide on how much to charge per cup, based on the cost of your ingredients. Now brainstorm about what else you might need, things like cups, signs, and a coin jar to make change. Get a friend or neighbor involved for even more fun. Ask your friend what else will make this the best lemonade stand ever.