These triple-layer fruit pops take 3 to 4 hours to freeze in paper cups. Blend each layer separately and freeze for about an hour before adding the next flavor.
What You’ll Need
- 12 5-ounce plastic-coated paper cups
- 12 craft sticks
- 3 lemons, cut in half, seeds removed; squeeze the juice into a bowl
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 1 cup ice
- 3 cups water
- 9 to 12 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- Blend a third of the lemon juice, the strawberries, 1 cup water, 3 to 4 tablespoons honey, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Divide the strawberry mixture into 12 paper cups, filling each cup one-third full.
- Freeze cups for 1 to 1½ hours before adding the next layer.
- Blend a third of the lemon juice, 1 cup ice (lightens the color of this layer), 1 cup water, 3 to 4 tablespoons honey, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- The strawberry layer should be frozen most of the way, but not fully. Add a craft stick to each cup.
- Pour the lemon layer over the strawberry layer and return the cups to the freezer for another hour.
- Blend the remaining lemon juice, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1 cup water, 3 to 4 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Add the third and final blueberry layer to the cups and freeze for 1 to 1½ hours before serving.
- To unwrap the pops, cut the edge of each paper cup using kitchen shears, run cup under warm water to loosen slightly, then peel off the cup.