What You’ll Need
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar
- White frosting, currants, raisins, or mini chocolate chips
What to Do
- Spray vegetable oil on a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Carefully separate 2 large eggs by dropping the egg whites into a glass bowl. (Reserve the yolks for another use, or discard.) Add cream of tartar to the egg whites, and beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually, a tablespoon at a time, add ½ cup sugar while beating at high speed. Beat until firm peaks form.
- Drop three spoonfuls of meringue, one above the other, onto the cookie sheet.
- Use the back of a spoon to coax the spoonfuls of meringue into a snowman shape.
- Bake for 2 hours or until lightly browned. When cool, store any extras in an airtight container.
- Decorate each snowman with currants or mini chocolate chips to make buttons and a face, using a small dab of white frosting to hold the decorations in place.