What You’ll Need
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin-pie mix
- 2 cups pancake mix
- Vegetable oil spray
What to Do
- Mix together the milk, eggs, and pumpkin-pie mix.
- Add pancake mix. Stir until everything is well blended.
- Spray a skillet with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat.
- Pour some batter into the pan.
- Flip the pancakes after they puff up, and then cook for another minute or two.
Extend the Fun
Younger kids: Kids can turn their pumpkin pancakes into jack-o’-lantern pancakes with a few healthy additions. Offer raisins, blueberries, strawberries, and banana slices. Help them add a wide banana smile or big blueberry eyes. Manipulating the smaller fruits helps children’s dexterity.
Older kids: Flipping pancakes takes practice! Help your child work on his pancake-flipping skills when he serves himself from the communal plate of pancakes. Watch him as he carefully moves the spatula under the pancake. Once the pancake is on the spatula, he can move the spatula and pancake above his plate. Then he can quickly flip the pancake onto his plate. Of course, make sure he does this over the table!