Our Privacy Policies
Effective October 8, 2010
Thank you for your interest in our privacy policies. We value your privacy and your children's safety. At Highlights for Children, we care about:
Protecting the privacy of children
Being open and honest with our customers, and
Treating personal information with care and respect
Regarding Childrens Privacy
- For all of our other websites that are not focused on children's use, we collect information from our website in order to improve the customer experience and to serve you better. All of our sites collect aggregate information that is non-personally identifiable. We also use "cookies" and other tracking technologies during your visit to help us understand how people use our websites. Your browser allows you to disable "cookies".
- We encourage you to make decisions about the offers you receive from us and the way your personal information is used. Manage your communication preferences here.
- If you give us your child's name in connection with an order you place on one of our websites, we keep it on file, but only for the purpose of addressing, never for marketing. We ask for your child's name because many people want their children to experience the thrill of receiving mail personally addressed to them.
- We sometimes make our list of customers' names and addresses available to other carefully selected companies whose products and services we believe might be of interest to you. Be assured this program does not involve children's names (please see the information above regarding children's privacy). If you do not want to receive offers from these other companies, you can opt out of these third party offers at any time.
- Highlights uses Google Analytics features and other third party pixel tags and cookies in order to execute and track display advertising, including remarketing advertising on other websites. These features help Highlights understand which ads bring users to our site and inform and optimize the ads served. Both Highlights and third party vendors may use first party cookies or third party cookies, to inform, optimize, and serve ads on sites across the internet based on past visits to Highlights.com or other sites you have visited that are associated with various ad networks. The information that we collect and share in this fashion is de-identified, does not contain personally identifiable information, and is intended for advertising to people over the age of 13.
- Highlights also uses data provided by Google Analytics to execute interest based advertising or analyze website activity based on 3rd party audience data such as age, gender and interest.
- Using the Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.