Zaner Bloser team members demonstrate a passion for education and supporting the Zaner-Bloser mission of helping every child become their best selves. The Director of Inside Sales will use this passion to lead a team achieving and exceeding revenue goals by providing K-5 literacy solutions to schools in assigned territories.
Director, Inside Sales
- Meet or exceed revenue targets for ZB Supplemental, Core Reading, and Services
- Lead the recruitment, objectives setting, coaching, and performance management of Inside Sales professionals
- Manage an Inside Sales team in assigned territories focused on new business, customer retention, retaining and growing renewals, and identifying upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Develop and execute sales and inbound marketing strategies and tactics
- Use inbound and outbound metrics to identify targeted sales objectives and methods to increase customer engagement
- Collaborate effectively with field sales to ensure coordinated communication with customers and strategy implementation
- Manage the sales cycle and ensure pipeline and forecast accuracy through the use of Salesforce
- Manage a budget for samples, regional marketing, travel and per diems for maximum effectiveness
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or Education related field or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with Inside Sales including at least 4 years managing a team with a demonstration of achieving revenue targets and managing an expense budget.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing effective and consistent sales processes including inbound marketing tactics.
- Motivated, action-oriented sales leader focused on achieving or exceeding revenue targets and customer retention
- Demonstrated expertise in Inbound Marketing strategies and tactics with documented success
- Demonstrated ability to foster a cohesive team culture as well as collaborate and build trust across the organization.
- Able to coach a team on inside selling and inbound marketing techniques, as well as delivering effective remote sales and training presentations
- Goal driven and focused on using key performance metrics and exceeding revenue targets
- Superior business acumen, understanding of high volume sales processes, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use market research and data to inform strategy and tactics
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to credibly communicate at levels of an organization
- Superior knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software (e.g. Salesforce), remote meeting platforms, and MS Office