The Email Campaign Producer is responsible for customer file management and email execution for the promotional marketing program which incorporates multichannel marketing efforts to drive traffic and profitable sales to Highlights web properties. Reporting to the Director, Site Operations, this team member is skilled in the principals of database marketing, email best practices, has a functional knowledge of email file segmentation, and A/B email testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all stages of the planning and deployment process for various types of email marketing campaigns including brand building, product launch, promotional, and seasonal marketing messages, partnering with the Email Manager for
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners (including but not limited to online merchandising, digital design, copy, developers, analytics, and other marketing teams) to ensure flawless marketing campaign delivery
- Effectively work with Salesforce Marketing Cloud to execute campaign plans, ensure efficient process flows, and meet deployment deadlines
- Collect necessary information and feedback from cross-functional teams to produce campaigns thoroughly, accurately, and on-time
- Test and validate email campaigns to ensure accuracy of content, including product and promotional messaging. Work with partners to ensure proofing is completed on time.
- Review tactical execution of campaigns
- Drive innovation and education for email marketing by identifying new and emerging tactics and strategies to incorporate into the program
- Build new email segments by analyzing the marketing database and writing SQL queries. Segments could be built on data such as purchase behavior, customer types, collections criteria, etc. Where appropriate, recommend segmentation tests.
- Set up triggered email campaigns (i.e. abandon cart series, newsletters, app customer journeys), and determine if new triggered campaigns are needed. Manage these campaigns to optimize deliverability. Manage product lists.
- Partner with the database team to ensure accurate data flow between the marketing database and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Be the point of contact for Highlights for Children family of companies in the Salesforce Marketing Cloud account. This involves adding new account users, adding new send profiles, updating FTP information, and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Manage execution relationship with third party tools/vendors (i.e. content personalization), including issue resolution
- Partner with analytics on how to tag emails and create tagging for links in emails for reporting purposes
- Monitor deliverability of emails and recommend adjustments to email approach to improve deliverability based on reporting
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of customer marketing experience with a successful track record, either in-house or at an agency/consultancy, email marketing experience required
- Strong project management and inter-departmental coordination skills
- Organized with a high attention to detail
- Strategic thinker with intellectual curiosity
- Highly motivated with ability to thrive in a fluid and demanding environment
- Working knowledge of email/CRM best-practices, able to effectively benchmark and pattern to best-in-class email marketing programs
- Working knowledge of email segmentation concepts and execution process of creating and managing segments
- Working knowledge with Sales Force Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target)
- SQL experience desired, including familiarity with database structures, database terminology, database management, and database querying tools
- Collaborative with cross functional teams and able to communicate with partners of different communication styles
- Analytics background a plus to understand email performance
- Third party email tool experience a plus (i.e. personalization, triggered emails etc)